Sunday, November 07, 2004

Sunday morning blues (ad nauseum)

Aaaaaah! There I was sitting in the kitchen drinking my Sunday morning coffee, trying to clear the last strands of sleep from my foggy head. I admit I wasn't thinking clearly, I was vulnerable, and my hand reached for the discarded Newsweek that I had refused to read earlier in the week. You know, the one with King George sporting his flirtatious victory grimace looking for a "man date."

Ouch, talk about a downer. Thank goodness for a local NPR commentary by Walter Simpson to pick me up a little. In general, our collective ethnocentrism really blinds us to the fact that we cohabit the world with six billion "foreigners." Some day Americans will realize that we can't just kill'em all if they don't things "our" way...(I hope.)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home